Thursday, November 26, 2015

Modern Jane's Favourite Things.


Remember when Oprah used to do her favourite things show? I didn't follow her show religiously but I never missed that episode. So much fun and excitement! I decided there is no reason why I can't do my own favourite things list. I'm calling it Modern Jane's favourite things. Clever, right?

It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I sat down and made a list of the some of the things that have recently made life a little bit sweeter. I can sometimes be a bit of a salesperson when I find something I love. I think that everyone I know should have it too. I don't mean to be pushy about it, I just want to spread the joy!

I narrowed it down to seven things. I apologize ahead of time for my descriptions below being long winded but I feel like I have to explain why I like these  particular things so much.. and convince you why you should love them too :)




Clockwise, from top left.

Initial Pendant
I wear this necklace all the time. It was a gift from my girlfriends on my wedding day. The initial is an S so that I always have Stephane close to my heart. It's quite special to me.

Shellac Manicure
I always promise to do this more for myself and never follow through, There is nothing better than a fresh shellac manicure from Mint Spa. They last almost two weeks! I seriously love them. My favourite colour is a combination of Cake Pop and Romantique by CND Shellac. It's the perfect neutral.

Mindy Kaling's books
There were some mixed reviews about these books but I really liked the first one and loved the second. She cracks me up. I tend to choose heavier subjects and these were refreshing breaks in the last couple of months. I especially loved the chapter in her second book aimed at young girls.

Blundstones
I've talked about these before on the blog and for good reason. I swear they are more comfortable each time I wear them.. which is all the time. Steph has them too and it took him some time to warm up to them but now I feel like they may have become part of him. Speaking of which.. I often get comments from women who say: "I love your boots! My husband has the same ones!" I then walk away cursing them for making me question if perhaps they are maybe boys boots. Until I see other (cool) women wearing them and we agree.. Blundstones for life.

Sage Peel Gel
This is a new discovery for me. I used the same face wash for years and recently decided to try something new (manly because I learned that the micro beads in the product were killing all the fishies!). I always falsely believed that unless my skin felt squeaky clean, it wasn't. Moving to a new milk cleanser was a challenge. I really liked it but I felt like I needed something to slough off all the dead skin. I tried the Sage Gel Peel and was hooked after the first try. I use it once a week and it makes my skin feel incredible.

Foxhound Collection Candles
I wasn't always a candle burner. I'm actually very fussy about them. I don't particularly like things that smell like baking or candy. These candles have such a natural smell and best of all great packaging. I'm such a sucker for good packaging. I'll need more of them before long.

Nespresso
Everyone needs a Nespresso! Ok, maybe not but it's just so awesome. Steph and I like to call it the greatest purchase of 2014. We both prefer cappuccinos and the machine and frother make a perfect cup. I actually look forward to getting up in the morning because I get to have coffee. For real. It's not a perfect set up since you have to order your pods online, not to mention the waste, but we love it.

There you have it! I little list of some of my favourite things. I've been busy with my report cards this week and anxious to finish up so I can start decorating. I hope to share some photos of our home decorated for the holidays next week, as well as a couple of gift guides for Christmas shopping.

What are some of your favourite things? Have you started to decorate?


3 comments:

  1. Love your list! Those Mindy Kaling books are on my Christmas list. I have heard such great things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very similar initial pendant and then went and had custom skinny dog tags made with my childrens' names! I need to try out those candles - how I love candles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We call them "blundy's" in Oz and they are a farm staple - so very comfortable. RM Williams do a dressier version that are quite beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)