Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A Touch of Christmas.



The halls have been decked! My goal this year was to not buy any new decorations. I used only what I had from other years but treated myself to a fresh boxwood garland from Prestige Floral. A friend gave me a generous bunch of pine that I used all throughout the house. Generally, everything was kept quite simple.




A look at the living room with our wee tree in the corner. We have nice tall ceilings and have usually chosen a large tree. This always meant that we had to find a spot for our coffee table and chair somewhere else in the house, which felt cramped. This year, we opted for a little untrimmed tree. We got it at a Christmas tree farm this past weekend, after the most beautiful snowfall. It was so beautiful! I only used my most favorite ornaments and it's turned out to be my most favorite tree yet.








The mantel is simply decorated with a piece of the boxwood garland wrapped with copper wire lights. I added feather trees, candlesticks and my favorite little polar bears. The wreath is artificial but it's filled with some real greens to add some fullness. The garlands are painted wood beads and the pompom garland that I made for our tree a couple of years ago.

 

Beaufort was hamming it up for the camera, wanting to be in every frame.

I brought out my winter pillows, cozy throw blankets and lots of candles to warm up the space. I love being in there at night with the glow of the tree. I'd imagine the wonderful smell of greenery won't last long so I'll enjoy it while I can.
My little brass deer were a thrift store score a few summers ago. I adore them paired with mini Christmas balls and a framed gold foil print by Kim Roach Design.

The stockings are filled with pine until Santa arrives and replaces it will much funner things!

I'm going to make some fresh arrangements for the dining room but for now, I've placed a table runner with my DIY wood bead advent wreath and some mini bottle brush trees down the center of the table.


There is more to come! I'll try to share if I can ever get home during daylight hours to take some good photos. Hope you are enjoying your own holiday decorated homes!

9 comments:

  1. We went with a smaller tree this year as well so as not to make it feel cramped in our living room. I must admit, I love it and it's my favourite. Bigger doesn't always mean better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree. Plus, I didn't have to put all those "filler" ornaments!

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhhi love your cosy home :) :):)
    Very very pretty christmas simple decor
    It is you ;)
    xoxo
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations look gorgeous!! I like the natural pops of green against the crisp white, it looks lovely!! Those balls strung on your mantle look pretty too, I have a similar fireplace (white painted brick) hmmmm, I might try that on mine too. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think anything looks great against crisp white:)

      Delete
  4. It's just beautiful - I love all the fresh greenery you've used. I wish I would have done that, too. and I love the tree- there's just something about a fresh tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks GORGEOUS! (I'm so behind on my blog reading haha, just seeing this now!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look! And that tree is the cutest! I also opted to stick with the decorations we had from previous years as well. The only one I bought was a "1st Christmas" ornament for the babe!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)